RTM for Developer Preview?

W

WPCentral Question

Hello, I was wondering if I upgraded my WP8 device (HTC 8X), via the Preview for Developers to 8.1 (not 8.1.1), would I be getting the final version of 8.1? I don't care about carrier or OEM specific firmware or customization. I just want to know if it is the final, RTM build, or an earlier preview build.
Thanks!

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
Hey man.

If you download Windows Phone 8.1 via Preview you will get the latest version, always.

Microsoft generally keeps the preview ahead of the general user, so we get an update and after a while that update is released to the final user.

So your answer is yes.

BUT, keep in mind... Sometimes our updates are buggy because they are, in general, betas.

Jonah Park

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Ok, thank you. Just to clarify, if I upgrade to 8.1 (not 8.1.1) via Preview for Developers, it will be the final version (minus OEM and carrier customization and firmware), right?

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Ok, thank you. Just to clarify, if I upgrade to 8.1 (not 8.1.1) via Preview for Developers, it will be the final version (minus OEM and carrier customization and firmware), right?

Yes, the Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview out there right now is pretty much a finished product with little or no bugs, and the upgrade is worth it!

That's right it will...but you will have no cyan at the moment as the bitlocker app has stopped it

He isn't getting Cyan anyways, he has an HTC device not Nokia.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon