Should I switch to T-Mobile from AT&T?

YeMan

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
Me and my family (of 4) have been on at&t for a few years now, maybe around 6. And were thinking about switching to t mobile because we are using the family of 4, unlimited talk,text, and 10GB data plan. Were paying about $170 for it. And there was a commercial saying the same plan...for $100.... So im tempted to switch, do they have about the same amount if phones? And also, do the not have a 2 yr contract? Cuz that's awesome!

Ordeith

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
If you want to keep your phones and stay on the ATT network you could take a look at cricket. Their website pricing would put 4 lines at $140. But I heard they are matching the T-Mobile $100 deal if you talk to a rep at a cricket store, so that might be worth trying.

CowardlyLions

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm considering moving 4 lines from Sprint to T-Mobile as well. They claim to be offering unlimited data and 1gb of 4g data for each device for a total of $100. I'm a bit skeptical as I'm paying more than twice that without the unlimited.

Hopefully we've got a few T-Mobile users who can share their experience.

Ltauhmise

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
I would not recommend it. While TMobile is vastly more affordable than ATT (Just by looking at the plans. Personally, I'm on Verizon), what you get in $$$ savings is off-set by T-Mobile notoriously horrible building penetration and spotty high-speed data coverage. You're moving from a tier 1 wireless carrier (ATT and Verizon) to a Tier 2 carrier (T-Mobile & Sprint) and you can anticipate making some sacrifices in service.

Ultimately, it depends on what is most important to you? Do you want reliable voice AND data coverage? Then stay with ATT. They tend to be pricier, but they leverage their reliability and coverage to rationalize the premium. Do you expect to use more data or are in fear of overages?- Then go to T-Mobile. But T-Mobile lacks a lot of the sub 700MHZ spectrum, so you'll never really get good data penetration in buildings.

If you want to save a few bucks, take a look at Cricket Wireless, it's the subsidiary of ATT and uses the ATT network. Prepaid with lower rates and what not. Good luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium