Terrible Battery on Windows Phone 8.1

ShackaJacka

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
I've seen others on this forum with the same problem. But they're all from awhile back. Basically my phone (HTC 8X) is taking almost forever to charge, especially when I'm using it. And its dying ridiculously fast. At 100% the phone is forecasting only 11 hours. I've already tried resetting it, and it did the trick for a little while, but then it went back to dying fast. I've done everything I can to make the battery last longer, but its still disappointing. Is there a problem with the battery, or is it the OS?

SARJINDER KAUR

May 10, 2014
Visit site
I have terrible battery on my Lumia 1020 Windows Phone 8.1 Update too - doesn't get through barely 12 hours before needs charging. That is terrible. It was somewhat better when it was still on just Windows 8.0, before the developer preview. At the moment I'm dealing with a backup (not working) issue, but then I will revert it back and install the cyan update, hoping that will fix battery issues.

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Indeed, getting a 10-11% per hour drainage. Went into the Battery Saver app, disable ("not allowed") most of the apps to run in background, leaving only the essential apps. After a full battery charge, I'm getting my usual 6-8% per hour drainage as I had in 8.0 previously (data on, LTE on, the rest off).

Oh yeah, soft reset after Cyan update earlier this morning helps (a bit) too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss