USB Audio and Bluetooth Streaming Audio - Honda

W

WPCentral Question

Hi, I have the Lumia 1020, but when I connect my phone via USB to my car, and select USB as the audio source, the Honda will say no device is connected.

The same situation will happen via bluetooth as well. It will pair the 1020 to the vehicle, it will ask to sync my contacts however, again when I try and select bluetooth devices as the audio source, the car will again say no device is connected.

Can anyone please help me, there is no aux in the car, but there is an HDMI connection. Any assistance will be much appreciated.

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I haven't found any cars that fully support interaction with WPs. There is a website where you can check compatibility. Sorry I can't provide the URL link here (the Ask a Question forum doesn't permit it due to spammers).

The site is automobiles dot Honda dot com slash handsfreelink.

You should be able to determine what features should work with your car.

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Yes, you can get 8.1 through the dev preview but still not being updated to Cyan as it is exactly in your case.

From looking at:

www dot nokia dot com /global/support/software-update/wp8-software-update/availability-in-north-america/

It looks like Cyan was released for your device but you will not be able to get it (for now) since you got 8.1 through the dev preview program and there was a glitch so Microsoft halted upgrades to Cyan from 8.1 dev preview. They still have not fixed this nor have they said when they will. Your only option is to force your phone back to 8 (equivalent to a hard reset, you will wipe your device), to then update to Cyan and this is not even a guarantee Bluetooth would work. It might but we don't know.

http://www.windowscentral.com/preview-developers-still-need-downgrade-lumia-cyan

Last edited:

trwrt

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
For the first problem, Windows Phone doesn't implement USB Mass Storage but instead uses something called Media Transfer Protocol (MTP). Your stereo probably only knows how to speak USB Mass Storage and so it can't communicate with the phone. This is not really a solvable problem unless Microsoft decides to implement it in an update somewhere down the line.

The second problem I would guess is due to your stereo supporting the Headset Bluetooth profile but not A2DP. Headset is what lets you make phone calls and A2DP is for streaming audio. Take a look at Settings -> bluetooth on your phone when it is connected to the stereo and see if it shows that it's connected for "voice, music" or "voice" only. If it's the latter then you won't be able to stream audio to it.

neuraldelight

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
That's extremely disappointing to hear about the MTP.

Also, when I connect the bluetooth only the call icon is lit up which means that only calls are enabled. Which makes this situation much more annoying.

There is an HDMI port in the car as well, would I be able to connect through that with the lumia 1020?

Anglerdk

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
But does your iPhone play through Bluetooth ?

When connected (parrot mki9200) mine says music and speech under the device in settings , Bluetooth.

Sorry to say but WP does not support MHL (USB to HDMI). Perhaps you can find a 3.5mm or RCA to HDMI cable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb