Do you want A smartphone with Snapdragon 805 and 55 megapixel?

BilalSoomro17

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I think it will be great to have 55 Megapixel instead of 41 megapixel. 55Megapixel with Canon Optics. Snapdragon 805. 2.7 GHz Processor and 1080p 6' Screen. Amazing

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I think it will be great to have 55 Megapixel instead of 41 megapixel. 55Megapixel with Canon Optics. Snapdragon 805. 2.7 GHz Processor and 1080p 6' Screen. Amazing

I would like the hardware stats in a camera phone. Like canon (as I am an 1ds mark II owner but Zeiss optics are define tly superior). 55 mp is really no big deal though as it is only an 25% improvement. You would have to have 82mp to double the size of the file. Would rather have the hardware with Zeiss optics and canons digic 4 processor as a side load processor for the camera sensor to speed things up and help battery life.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
pfft, you havent owned a smartphone till you have at least a gigapixel!

I disagree, it is all about the YotaPixel! :winktongue:

Since we are on the topic of specs, I want (keeping inline with the terabyte era):
1) A 10 terahertz SOC
2) 10gb of DDR10 Ram
3) 10inch screen at 10K resolution
4) 10 TB of onboard storage
5) 10 terapixel camera

Since I can't have that, I'm going to jump off a ledge :crying::crying:

Okay joking aside :winktongue:

Windows phone doesn't need high end specs, but it needs high end devices to gain mindshare. The greater the number, the better hardware.. that is what most people think although hardware is useless without properly optimised software. Personally I don't think we will see any 55 MP devices for a good 36 months or less, given 4K is not even mainstream yet and most large camera sensors are just that large (in physical size) therefore bulky. Since we haven't seen anything of the Plenoptic camera from pelican imaging (I have a little inkling, Nokia maybe saving that as a plan B if they choose to return back after 2016 +).

We may very well see an 810 or 805 Snapdragon phone next spring possibly 801 from Microsoft, if the latter most techie people will harp on about how it is 6+ months late again ( I know, you could class as me one of those - I have my moments - I'm only human! lol). Regardless MS need to announce a device and have it on the market in within one to two weeks (or less) whilst the hype is still fresh.

Last edited:

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
The funny thing about 4k is it equates to 4mp. Everyone is like wow 4k screen. I'm like I've seen 41 mp images with 3x the clarity. And the frames per second is half that of the old standard.

belodion

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
It seems to me the first thing needed in any 1020 successor is a higher-res display. If I transfer my 1020 photos to my Nexus 5 via One Drive, they are noticeably sharper when viewed on that device. It may be due in part to Pentile Oled versus LCD, but I think it's mainly 720p versus 1080p.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

DoctorSaline

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
For once, I'd want MS to be on par with other android flagships and release their 1020 successor with 810. In camera tech, I'd rather want them to improve their camera loading and autofocusing times. Plus 4k videos recording and better algorithms for night filming as well as filming in general. Along with 5.1/7.1 sound ofcourse. Photo capturing of 1020 already bests every other camera phone out there and I would want its successor to have as good a quality(if not better) as it.

Beijendorf

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Can we please not call all plenoptic cameras and light-field cameras "Lytro cameras". Lytro is a company name, not a technology. It's like when people called all smartphones "iPhones".

Speaking of Pelican Imaging, they recently released some fresh samples showcasing their refocus effect, depth-mapping and general performance.

Pelican Imaging: Life in 3D

Their reference module captures 16 16.75 MP images and merge them into an 8 MP output image. You can see some parallax errors and computational blurring missteps in the images, but it looks promising. I'd rather have a PiCam than a pointless 55 MP camera.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Pushing more and more pixels on a small sensor actually start degrading the quality after a certain point.

The 41 Megapixel camera on the 1020 was perfect and the only thing it lacked was speed, an 805 coupled with the same camera sensor would make it the perfect smartphone camera.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Can we please not call all plenoptic cameras and light-field cameras "Lytro cameras". Lytro is a company name, not a technology. It's like when people called all smartphones "iPhones".

Speaking of Pelican Imaging, they recently released some fresh samples showcasing their refocus effect, depth-mapping and general performance.

Pelican Imaging: Life in 3D

Their reference module captures 16 16.75 MP images and merge them into an 8 MP output image. You can see some parallax errors and computational blurring missteps in the images, but it looks promising. I'd rather have a PiCam than a pointless 55 MP camera.

My bad, corrected my post :) and agreed it does look really promising.

Aniket Bhat

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Seriously, if they just give the 1020 a 801/805, 4k video capability, 5" screen, better battery and a SD card slot, I'll be more than satisfied. But they'd still need to lose the AMOLED display and get an IPS display. I just like IPS better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheStivo