Lumia 520 not charging

U

Unregistered

So I recently got a new Lumia 520 in May or June. Lately its been acting like I doesn't want to charge. I've checked the battery no damage and I use the charger that came with the phone. Tonight my phone died while I was on it so I put it on the charger @ 10pm it is now 2:36am and my phone still has no charge nor has it booted up like it suppose to. I don't know what to do.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
So I recently got a new Lumia 520 in May or June. Lately its been acting like I doesn't want to charge. I've checked the battery no damage and I use the charger that came with the phone. Tonight my phone died while I was on it so I put it on the charger @ 10pm it is now 2:36am and my phone still has no charge nor has it booted up like it suppose to. I don't know what to do.

First thing to check is whether the USB cable and the charger are still working. Try a different cable and if that doesn't change anything, try a different charger. If that doesn't resolve your issue either, it could be the micro USB connector on your device that's broken.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
This might seem like a stupid question, but based on my experience I ask you this... Did you switch it on after plugging ??

Huh? WP devices automatically switch on once their connected to a power device. I think HTC was about to make it optional through one of their firmware udpates, but I have no idea if this actually ever happened or not.

Jazmine Gill

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
First thing to check is whether the USB cable and the charger are still working. Try a different cable and if that doesn't change anything, try a different charger. If that doesn't resolve your issue either, it could be the micro USB connector on your device that's broken.

I tried my dad charger because we have the same phone but nothing. Its only showing the huge battery that shows when its charging before it switches it self back on

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I tried my dad charger because we have the same phone but nothing. Its only showing the huge battery that shows when its charging before it switches it self back on

In this case it is definitely not the charger, not the cable and not the micro USB connector on your device. Because in these cases your device wouldn't charge at all, hence not display that battery. The battery is displayed when battery charge is lower than the critical level, so the OS won't load until that critical level has overcome. Shouldn't take more than like 10 or so minutes. If it stays like this, it's most likely your device's battery that has died.

Torcher Death

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Huh? WP devices automatically switch on once their connected to a power device. I think HTC was about to make it optional through one of their firmware udpates, but I have no idea if this actually ever happened or not.

What I meant was flipping the switch on after inserting the charger into the wall socket....cause I've done that, left it overnight to charge, but forgot to switch it on & woke up paranoid :amaze:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte