Windows 8.1 preview for developer vs Lumia Cyan Update-what's the difference?

W

WPCentral Question

windows 8.1 preview for developer vs Lumia Cyan Update-what's the difference?

Hi,

I am using Preview for developer and on Wp8.1 with recent upgrade (2-3 days back).....In order to get Lumia Cyan, I need to un-install these PFD and then I need to upgrade to Cyan update...

Just wanted to know if I dont upgrade to Cyan, what all I am missing....

IS it worth to put 2 hrs of effort in downgrading and then upgrade?

Thanks in advance
Samit

naveenow

Banned
May 29, 2014
Visit site
Re: windows 8.1 preview for developer vs Lumia Cyan Update-what's the difference?

If you are using 930 or 1520 then Lumia Cyan contains some features...
For all other Lumia devices nothing new when compared to DP WP 8.1.
ALSO FIRMWARE IS NEED FOR SMOOTH RUNNING OF OS

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: windows 8.1 preview for developer vs Lumia Cyan Update-what's the difference?

OS updates are typically delivered (official ones) with two pieces. The actual OS, Windows Phone 8.1 in this case, and the manufacturer's firmware. (here its Lumia Cyan for Nokia phones)

The Developer Preview only delivers the OS part, so now the OS is saddles with a firmware designed for say, Windows Phone 8.0 Update 3, so things might not work as well as they could.

I would expect firmware updates like Cyan to improve battery life, performance, and other minor things. Just smoothing over the rough edges.

But a problem arised as we all know. You could always just sit tight and wait for MS to issue a fix, enabling direct updates from the Developer Preview.

rubenwidjaja

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

I notice my photos using wp 8.1 pfd is really bad, really grainy
after I do reset to cyan, it become better and less grainy, I satisfied downgrade to cyan

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo