Get your Cyan update via Nokia Software Updater (For DP too)

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Hey,

I installed Cyan update today and i would like to share with you guys how i did it. If you have trouble getting the Cyan you can follow the Steps.
My device : Lumia 525.

1. Install Nokia Software Updater
2. Connect your phone and let it search for the latest firmware.
3. Make a Backup if you want to. (I didn't loose any of my data. Except my apps.) You can get your apps back from Store >> My Apps when you're signed in. But you have to install each and every one.
4. When download is finished your phone will restart. Installation was just about 10mins i guess.
Finish the update and that's it.

*If your phone is using Bitlocker you'll have to downgrage to WP8 with the Recovery tool before you upgrade.

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
OW!! It depends on the region. You can get GDR1 only if you're a DP user. I had it until this morning ;)You can track cyan on the update tracker. Mine was listed under ''Limited''.
I had to use Updater cos i had DP installed. It does not give me Cyan update i guess Microsoft paused on air update cos of the Bitlocker problems.

In your case you can only wait till it's available in your region.
Windows Phone 8.1 and Lumia Cyan update tracker | Windows Phone Central

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Hey, even though l'm on 8.1, I have not received GDR 1 update. I keep checking each day but it tells me my software is up to date. I use 1520, AT&T.

That's because it's not released. You need to install Preview for Developers to test the beta. But be warned: It's a bit buggy at this point in the release development.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon.enitron