Downloading videos to share them latter?

lucasmonta

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi everybody I wanted to know if there is a way to download videos (from youtube/vimeo/elsewhere) and then share them through Whatsapp.

I know myTube and MetroTube can make the download part but, once you are on Whatsapp you can't find the videos anywhere to share them .

Does anybody know if there anyway of making this possible? Even if I have to use an app just for that.

Seems like whatsapp is missing the ability to navigate through the files tree of the phone, and at the same time myTube and other video-downloading-capble-apps don't store the video anywhere near the stock video/image folder.

Best regards and please excuse my poor English.
Lucas

lucasmonta

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
yes that's true but if I realy wanted to do that I'd have done it, the thing is that to some people having to open a link or watch the video on the browser is somewhat a to complicated task so they prefer the in-chat video ( lazy friends of mine lol )

thanks for the answer thjough, hope someone has a solution for my problem :p

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
If you are running Windows Phone 8.1 and want to download some videos, I have a solution for you.

Copy the link for the video you want to send, and go to clipconverter.cc, use their Desktop site because the mobile site works terrible on Windows Phone.

Anyways proceed to pasting your YouTube video link into the black bar and press "continue."

Once you press continue, it should look a little bit like this:

View attachment 78695

Pick your desired quality and proceed, it will then process the video and make it ready for downloading, then you press the download button, should look like this:

View attachment 78696

Download the video and wait for it to get fully downloaded, luckily you can do other stuff while Internet Explorer is downloading in the back.

Once the video has finished downloading, it will be stored on your SD card in the "Videos" folder and Whatsapp can't access that folder.

So you'll need to go download the Files app by Microsoft, and move the video from the "videos" folder to the "screenshot" or "camera roll" folder.

From there you can send your YouTube videos to your Whatsapp friends. :)

But whatsapp has a 16 MB limit on videos, so download the Video Compressor app on Windows Phone Store to easily compress your videos for Whatsapp.

I personally find doing all this easier on my Android device, but Windows Phone still gets the job done pretty well. :)

I know all this because I used to use a Lumia 520 before(great device).

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Easy Steps:
1. Download Files app.
2. Download youtube downloader free app.
3. Download video from the app and it will get stores directly to Videos folder of the SD card.
4. Move/Copy the file to Camera Roll/Screenshots/WhatsApp.
5. Download Video Compressor app and compress the video.
6. Attach the file to your contact and done!
Sent from my Lumia 525 using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Usher2hell