Windows Whatsapp backup file messages.db

ajayn1983

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I have copied my old Whatsapp backup file "messages.db" to my Laptop. I would like to know to open that file in a readable format. Please help me how to open that file & get the chat information in that backup file.

AlexanderPD

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
just to ask: How did you get this Message.db file??? It should be inside the app and the app should be not accesible from a file-system level since Windows Phone doesn't give any access to app storage folder!

I'd like to do some tests but i can't ask you to post your .db file, its a *little* against your privacy ahah
so, if you tell me how to get that db file me (and others!) can try to open or decode it ;)

Amey Barve

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
you can fine the messages.db file in the Computer\Windows Phone\SD card\WhatsApp\WinPhoneBackup db file system.png

GamezGuru

May 17, 2015
Visit site
Amey, which files do you need in this folder for windows to restore the backup on first opening of whatsapp? I have this message.db file from my own phone and placed it on my new phone sd card with the folder structure you describe, and the phone does indeed recognise and attempts to restore. But it says 0 messages were restored! I am wondering if i need any associated files in any specific structure for it to actually recover the messages... please let me know if you can help, i've tried seemingly everything!

Ciao

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes