WhatsApp showing me Online when I'm not.

asna_n800

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Ok. WhatsApp is a nuisance. Agreed. But it's helpful also many times. However from last few days, my WhatsApp on Lumia 1320 shows me online when I'm not. Heck, when I disable it from battery saver, then also it shows me online. This has happened after I enabled the option to "Show message in notification". After that, my friend messaged me and I opened action center, the other person saw me online. I never opened the app. After that she along with others kept seeing me online when I wasn't. I uninstalled and installed again but the issue persisted.

Anyone else having this issue or is it me only? I'm gonna contact WhatsApp after this. ㅠ.ㅠ

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I know on android device after you close WA app it will still show online for 15sec (not always, but most of the time) But on WP as soon as you close app you status changes to "last seen". But if you havent open the app, I have no idea why would it show you as online (to few persons)

asna_n800

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Had this too on my L1320 Cyan + DP Update 1. Couldn't reprocude it now though, battery saver initiated it, I know.. Friends told that I'm online 24/7.

Right.. It was right after I disabled Whatsapp from Battery Saver and it started showing me online continuously. Then, I enabled WhatsApp again to run in background but enabled "Show message in notification" and again WhatsApp showed me online continuously. Finally I reinstalled the app and disabled this option; since then WhatsApp is working fine for now.

asna_n800

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I know on android device after you close WA app it will still show online for 15sec (not always, but most of the time) But on WP as soon as you close app you status changes to "last seen". But if you havent open the app, I have no idea why would it show you as online (to few persons)

Believe me, I had to explain so many people that I wasn't online and mostly everyone thought that I was making excuses.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)