The tale of a 925 and two Bluetooth speakers

eadbhard

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi there,

This is my first post on the WP forums. What a great community you have here!

I recently got a Lumia 925. After pairing it with a Bluetooth speaker I recently bought (GOGroove BlueSync DRM) I discovered that music starts to stutter and skip when I get about 4-5 feet away from the speaker. Interestingly, my iPhone 3GS can get 20-30 feet away from this very same speaker and the sound is flawless. On the other hand, I have a Creative D100 Bluetooth speaker that works great with the 925, happily playing perfect music 20-30 feet away from the Nokia phone.

So, it seems the GOGroove and the 925 do not get along very well. FWIW, the GoGroove is BT 4.0 and the Creative is BT 2.1.

Is there anything I can do about the aforementioned problem, other than returning the GOGroove speaker? Could this possibly be solved by the Lumia Cyan update?

Thanks for any insight,

-Ed

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi there,

This is my first post on the WP forums. What a great community you have here!

I recently got a Lumia 925. After pairing it with a Bluetooth speaker I recently bought (GOGroove BlueSync DRM) I discovered that music starts to stutter and skip when I get about 4-5 feet away from the speaker. Interestingly, my iPhone 3GS can get 20-30 feet away from this very same speaker and the sound is flawless. On the other hand, I have a Creative D100 Bluetooth speaker that works great with the 925, happily playing perfect music 20-30 feet away from the Nokia phone.

So, it seems the GOGroove and the 925 do not get along very well. FWIW, the GoGroove is BT 4.0 and the Creative is BT 2.1.

Is there anything I can do about the aforementioned problem, other than returning the GOGroove speaker? Could this possibly be solved by the Lumia Cyan update?

Thanks for any insight,

-Ed

There is a good chance that Cyan will bump up the phone to BT4.0 and hence it might work well with the Bluetooth Speaker GOGroove.

DCUR42

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
I have exactly the same problem with my 925 when Bluetooth pairing with my jbl speakers (except this even happens when the phone is right beside the speakers). I have to reconnect every 15 mins or so to stop the stuttering. I am on developer preview and hope Cyan will solve the issue too. Love my 925 but this has become an irritating issue.

Update

Installed cyan update. Problem solved. Happy again!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon