Nokia lumia 1020 not connecting to wifi unless it has internet access

regressor

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi, i am having some trouble connecting to wifi if the wifi dont have internet access. This is for all wifi i have tried. If the wifi is connected to internet there is no problems. Anyone know a workaround for this?

roni09riku

May 20, 2014
Visit site
I do not understand your question.

Are you saying that you cannot connect to any WiFi networks unless you also have mobile data turned on?

I think he/she means that the phone cannot connect to a wireless router if the router itself has currently no connection to the internet.

I've been experiencing this before as well, also when my internet connection suddenly stops (my modem is different from my wireless router). So far I haven't found anything that can fix this. My phone takes a long time to connect to a router without internet connection, before eventually showing "No internet connection".

regressor

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
Sorry for the confusion, it's like roni said. If the router has no connection to the internet the phone wont connect to the wireless router.

I use my phone as a remote control for xbmc. So if i loose connection to the internet for some reason on my router i cant even connect to my wireless. Same goes for using the phone with wifi OBD dongles.

Its like they designed the wifi on the phone to only be active as a source for the internet.

Phantom3D

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
I am also having trouble with this. I work a lot with wireless networks and need to ping gateways and servers within a net that does not have internet connection. So, it does not seem to work unless it is connectet to internet.. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3