Lumia 635 net10 apn/mms settings

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

Hello any and all,

Just thought I would post what worked for me after hours of trying to figure out this mms dilemma.

So, just a brief background....my brand new lumia 635 which is an att go phone I purchased and then bought a Net10 sim card. Initial setup was fine and easy...basic texts, internet worked fine....then I started to realize that no picture messages go either be sent or received, thus the long battle trying to figure out why. Also, as others have noted, please save yourself hours of headache by NOT contacting Net10 service....they are useless.

Anyway, here is what worked for me field by field for my lumia 635:
Starting with "settings"
Go to "cellular +sim"
data connection "on"
data roaming "on"
for limited wifi connectivity "use cellular data"
go to "sim settings"
sim name...i made mine "My sim"
cellular connection profile...only option given to me is "ATT"
go to "edit internet apn"
apn: "tfdata"
user name: "NET10"
password: leave blank
authentication type: "PAP"
proxy server (url): leave blank
proxy port: leave blank
SAVE
go to "edit mms apn"
apn: "tfdata"
user name: "NET10"
password: leave blank
authentication type: "PAP"
wap gateway (url): "mms3.tracfone dot com"....ok folks, obviously don't spell out the "dot" here...only way this forum would let me post
wap gateway port: "80"
mmsc (url): "http://mms-tf dot net/" .....same thing here....put what you would for the web
mmsc port: "80"
maximum mms size: leave blank
IPtype: "IPv4"
SAVE

That's it.....I hope that is of some help

Jennifer Powell1

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Thank you so much for posting this! My mom has spent weeks and countless hours on the phone with walmart, net10, and at&t. No one could help, but this fixed it for her!

dsk1540

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the post on getting the apn settings for your limia. After hours of looking i tried yours on my lumia 640 on net10 and it worked. I could kiss you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3