Lumia 520 update to WP 8.1 Lumia Cyan

W

WPCentral Question

I'm using the Nokia Lumia 520 running WP 8.1 with Lumia Black update. The problem is I'm not getting the Lumia Cyan update. I have checked global availability of Cyan update and it is available in my country. I have read before that u need to downgrade to WP 8 for Lumia Cyan if u have the dev preview of WP 8.1, but I dont even know that if I'm running the dev preview because my friend updated it for me nd i cant contact him.
So my questions are:
How do i know if my phone is running the dev preview of WP 8.1?
Is downgrading risky with nokia software recovary tool?

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
If your phone shows Lumia Black as firmware and as you said that you are running 8.1, that means you are on developers preview. You can check the OS version from Settings Menu and then click on "about". You will see the OS version there. it should be 8.10..*.*
To check the firmeware, you can click "extras+info" and if it shows Lumia Black, then you are on developers preview.
Downgrading is risky I would say, and you may not be comfortable enough to do so as you appear to have never done the downgrade. Its upto your confidence level and I have also seen many reporting their phones going dead during the process. So, I would recommend you to wait until Microsoft resumes Cyan update for those who are in developers preview. Just keep checking WPCentral for updates or "phone update" from Settings menu in your phone :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs