Lumia 925 Wireless Charging problems

Jcflyer

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I have been using my Lumia 925 (with cyan update) for 2 months now and I purchased a Nokia DT-900 Qi charging base and Nokia CC-3065 Wireless charging Cover and am having problems getting it to work properly.
I have read the Nokia Forums and various work around's and the only one that I have found is to pop only the upper right corner of the cover. When I do this the phone will charge fine, but if I then snap the cover back in place the phone stops charging. The light on the base still comes on either way.

Since there were so many post on the Nokia forum about this I suspect it is a design flaw. So I am dubious of just returning it for a replacement.
1. Is any body else having this problem?
2. Does anybody have any ideas or know of a permanent solution?

I love my925, I just wish the accessories would be more reliable.

wiljoh

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
I just installed the Nokia CC-3065 wireless charging cover on my Lumina 925 and it would not work. Having read your post, I had to pop the left hand corner and then it worked. Have you found a way to make it work with the cover fully secured to the phone? Thanks

wiljoh

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
I just installed the Nokia CC-3065 wireless charging cover on my Lumina 925 and it would not work. Having read a post that found popping the right corner of the case would work, I found that I had to pop the left hand corner and then it worked. Has anyone found a way to make it work with the cover fully secured to the phone? Thanks

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I already use it for about 9 months and it worked without a problem from the start. But in that time I also saw complaints. The best is to get a new one because it should totally snap on without a problem.

Jcflyer

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I wish I could say I found a way to absolutely fix this problem, but I can't. That said, after going though 3 separate covers each one of them I had to separate Raising from the secure position) one corner or the other to get it to work I slowed down on swapping them out due to frustration with not finding one that worked properly. After having the latest cover for a couple of months, after a long day, I happen to set it down on the charging pad with out separating/raising the cover corner, and it worked. ?? I guess it just needed a break in period??? I really don't know why it started working but, since that discovery, it has worked properly every time.

I suggest you should periodically, try the cover in the normal secured position and see if the charging function works.

Good Luck

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb