Should I opt for Developer Preview with Lumia Cyan already running ??

Vishal Kaushal

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I recently opted out of developer preview by downgrading my lumia 620 and got cyan update through Nokia software recovery tool. This led to great smoothness in working of the phone and the phone feels more responsive. There were some lags while using the preview, but i really miss the native folder and cortana for india....should i again go for preview program now that cyan running or wait for the Lumia denim update ??

Last edited:

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: Should opt for preview for developers with Lumia Cyan running ??

I would say, you should go for it. Cyan is already there and update 1 should be as smooth as 8.1 with Cyan.
Sent from my Lumia 525 using Tapatalk

Vishal Kaushal

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
While having cyan ..should i opt for developer preview as i worried that DP will bring bugs, now that my phone ruuning smooth with no DP but with official windows phone 8.1+ cyan ?? (earlier i was a DP user and my lumia 620 got lagging way too much with update 1 ..then i opted out of DP program)

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Since most past bugs were probably due to running wp8.1 without cyan dp updates shouldn't cause any issues. I'm running dp with update 1 on my 920 and haven't experienced any. I'd recommend it.

Jakez98

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I downgraded my 1020 to the official WP8.1 with Cyan a month ago, but realized that I couldn't live without the Cortana snooze option and live folders. So I opted in to Developer Preview again.

WP8.1.1 is going to come with Lumia Denim. Let's face it, it will probably take Microsoft a couple of months to roll out WP8.1.1 officially. So the question is, do you want to wait that long?

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I downgraded my 1020 to the official WP8.1 with Cyan a month ago, but realized that I couldn't live without the Cortana snooze option and live folders. So I opted in to Developer Preview again.

WP8.1.1 is going to come with Lumia Denim. Let's face it, it will probably take Microsoft a couple of months to roll out WP8.1.1 officially. So the question is, do you want to wait that long?
What is the Cortana snooze option? What does it do?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jruasap