Xbox One Smartglass downloading issues

W

WPCentral Question

Hello everyone!
Just saw the guide on how to download things to my Xbox One from my phone or Surface and I followed it to the tee. I enabled the setting in the power and start-up section and double checked that my Xbox was in instant on mode. Went to test it on my Surface and I had no option to buy just play on Xbox. So tried on my phone and had the same problem. I'm signed in to the same account and have fully updated both apps. I have tried everything to get it to work short of port forwarding the Xbox which I will do tomorrow. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Try clicking the 3 Bar button on the upper left on either phone or surface. This should bring a menu up on the left side of the screen. Find the Store tab. It should be the 7th item listed. Click on that. This should then bring up the store for the SmartGlass app. From here you then can search from the upper right or just browse the store. Once you select a game you can then decide if you want to buy it. I believe what you may have been doing was clicking the apps that are on the home page. The apps on the homepage are for opening and controlling the Xbox One.

Or you might need the beta version of the app to do this. That is currently what I am running. I would try that if my first suggestion does not work.

Let us know if these suggestion do not resolve your issue.

Thanks for asking. Hope this response is helpful!

cooldudefred14

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi am the original poster but I was in a hurry when I made the thread.

I should have made it clear that I was already looking at stuff in the store. I did however check again but to no avail. I downloaded the BETA and it still would not allow me to download anything. Really stumped by this now. Thanks for your suggestions though!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LoresAdrowe