Lumia 920 gets really hot and battery draining.

W

WPCentral Question

I was hoping that the new updates Lumia cyan / windows 8.1 would solve this problem. Meh... Been using since the beginning of this year and every time I start an app ( messaging to gaming , any app ) it gets super hot right above the camera lens. I've watch a video on youtube where they disassemble the 920 and whats right on top the camera looks like a core processor ? Correct me if I'm wrong. If thats the processor chip does that mean the heat issue will never be solved ? There are a lot of posts about this over heating issues and Microsoft never seems to have a solution for this instead they treat us like little dummies. They'll ask us to check battery saver , close background app, close wifi ,soft reset etc. etc. ( yeah like I'm that stupid to not notice ). Up till date there have been NO solutions for this like yea NONE , Zero.

I consider myself as a "small user".Sometimes , I dont use my phone at all. The longest standby mode I can achieve which lasted 7 days with 16 hours and 45 minutes battery life remaining ( i got these stats from the battery app ).However when I launch an app comes a different story. The battery goes from 100% to 70% in less than 15 minutes! Theres that one time I had to charge my phone 3 times a day for playing games on it (not even more than 2 hour of gameplay ). Even updating new software features such as Music+ drains 5% battery , seriously wtf ?

IMO , theres no way these are getting fixed , theres no solutions for these. The phone is built in such way that the hardware/software is screwed up. Posts and threads from 2012 till 2014 , users been complaining about the same issues over and over again. YET I'm still surprise some users are able to come up with a " Fix " video. It seems though Microsoft are paying them to make a video of the "Fix". All in all , I still like the Lumia but screw the battery and overheating.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
There's no way that's a problem either, if you use your phone by playing a heavy-processing app, then the battery is going to die quickly. Kind of like if you go run for 30 minutes, and you'll be a bit tired too. Go run for 2 hours straight and, well, good luck! :D

As for the overheating, again, go run and you'll over heat too, us humans just sweat to keep our core temperatures down while cell phones don't have that capability.

Yes, welcome to the world of 2014, battery life is a big concern to every OEM, not just Microsoft, but perfecting it is never going to happen because there's always something smaller and more efficient coming. However, as it stands today, batteries haven't had a large breakthrough in a long while, and that's what we're waiting for.

Sorry sir, there's no fix, as there's nothing wrong.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wopkof