WP8.1 changed my screen colors/saturation?

W

WPCentral Question

Hey

I was forced to reset my Lumia 720 as I couldn't upgrade to 8.1 due to no free space (running on , 8.0.10517.150 + Cyan I believe, I am not sure about Cyan, maybe it was Amber)

After the reset, update to 8.10.12393.890 (Cyan) I couldn't bring back the settings from Onedrive that I had saved prior to resetting the phone. It did back up my apps but not the settings which was really strange. It did remember my lock screen photo, but not much more as settings go....all my Start screen layout is gone and other settings. I got really frustrated by this and started changing everything manually.

What I have noticed though is that the icons at the top of the screen in Start menu (i.e. battery indicator, signal strength, time etc), while Background set to 'light', have become grey where they were full black before + the accent color which I prefer most for the Start menu (cobalt) is different now as well...it is less vivid, it's washed out, became much lighter blue than what it was before.
My guess is that all screen has lost a 'black ingredient' and that is why icons at the top are grey now and tiles have brighter colors.

Have you noticed this as well?
What had influence on that? Did 8.1 introduce this? Those icons don't dissappear like they used to before as well (which is not a nice feature as well as it spoils the beauty of WP Start screen).

Well, I hate it to be honest and want my screen colors back what they were previously i.e. properly saturated with black icons at the top, which dissappear too.
How do I control that please?

thank you very much

jedpatrickdatu

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Actually on my Lumia 1520, the colors became more saturated and the contrast increased when I updated to 8.1. Maybe the update affected the 720 color settings differently. Try going to Settings>Display>Color profile and adjust the color to match your liking.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jruasap