Does OneDrive storage get transferred if I change my Microsoft account in Lumia after factory reset?

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

does OneDrive storage get transferred if i change Microsoft account in Lumia after factory reset?

I currently have a Lumia 630 at the moment. I'm planning to go for the 930 once its out in India.
I'll be using the same Microsoft account on the 930 that I currently use on my 630.
Also I intend to factory reset my 630 and give it to my sister who'd use it with her Microsoft account.
Do I end up getting twice the 7gb one drive storage and she none or I lose the 7gb I got for the 630.
I'd like it to be 7 gb each.

Toan Le

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: does OneDrive storage get transferred if i change Microsoft account in Lumia after factory reset

For example, you have X GB of OneDrive storage, and your sister has Y GB:

You -> 930 -> log in -> your 930 has X GB of OneDrive.
Your sister -> 630 -> log in -> her 630 has Y GB of OneDrive.

And also, your OneDrive storage will be the same on any phone you log in with your same account.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: does OneDrive storage get transferred if i change Microsoft account in Lumia after factory reset

Your OneDrive storage is attached to your Microsoft account, not your phone. So, if you would sell or lose your phone, you wouldn't lose the OneDrive storage. But, that means that if you get another Windows Phone, you don't get another 7 GB of OneDrive storage.

There are inexpensive options to buy more storage if you need more, and Microsoft occasionally offers extra storage for free during promotions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FegleyArnold