How do you get weather info on glance screen?

Hamza Waseem

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone. As you probably know from the title, my problem is that even after multiple attempts, weather information does not appear on my glance screen. I installed the update for the glance screen. Restated my phone. Set weather as my background app in lock screen settings and opened it many many times. Still no dice....anyone who has done, can you please list the procedure here. It would be very helpful to me and many many more people.

Saurabh Vashishth

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
HEY !! I was facing the same problem but i resolved it easily. what you have to do is just activate the kids corner once and then you can deactivate it. The weather will show both on the lock screen and on the glance screen with the proper settings. This happens because of some app which you might have installed earlier for the lock screen(for eg: live lock screen by microsoft itself) interferes with the lock screen settings and the glance screen. Kids corner just terminates the previous app settings. microsoft needs to fix this bug.

ahmed92r

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
HEY !! I was facing the same problem but i resolved it easily. what you have to do is just activate the kids corner once and then you can deactivate it. The weather will show both on the lock screen and on the glance screen with the proper settings. This happens because of some app which you might have installed earlier for the lock screen(for eg: live lock screen by microsoft itself) interferes with the lock screen settings and the glance screen. Kids corner just terminates the previous app settings. microsoft needs to fix this bug.

jeremic88

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Still nothing...I tried all the steps above and enable/disabling kid's corner. I also tried to move to phone memory weather application, but no result's. Weather app on Lock screen does not work and also on glance screen. I have lumia 1320

SteveSAPA

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Hamza Waseem - Not sure if you were able to get this to work yet, but I have my apps set to install to my SD card and the Weather wouldn't display on Glance. Once I moved the MSN Weather app over to my phone storage, it now shows. Just another option to try.

I did this a few weeks ago. It fixed the problem. It had to be installed on the phone not the sd card.

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Ahh remember the good old days. On my Lumia 1520 glance was big, bright, and had a lovely big section for the weather or some other useful info. Pretty sure the battery was on there too? My 950xl Glance just isn't the same. Now if you want what Glance used to be, you need a Samsung Galaxy s7 or 8

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I have tried all the steps written on this page but couldn't get weather info on glance screen.
Any other ways?
If available please help....

Go to - Settings > Personalisation > Lock Screen > Choose an app to show detailed status (select Weather). That's it! If it doesn't show in Glance after that then phone must not be compatible to show it. Definitely works that way on my 950xl

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon