Why doesn't Google make an official YouTube app for Windows Phone?

godse573

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Because google doesn't get along with Microsoft, that's why. There is an app, but it is only a link to the mobile site (what a joke). So yeah, don't expect one. My best suggestion is use metrotube.

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Why do we need you tube app.,?
2 thing we gonna do in you tube. Streaming videos in you tube as well as downloading., IE has the streaming HQ video option. But UC BROWSER have both the option, and you can download the video to your sd card directly.,😊

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
There will be a time when Google starts wondering, "why the hell do people use Windows Phones?" ... and in pursuit of understanding the daily habits of Windows Phone users, you will see them put apps for YouTube, Mail, Maps, Drive, Docs, etc, to Windows Phone.

jailman

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Ms makes its apps for android because of the large marketshare so there is a lot of money to make from the userbase unlike google situation with windowsphone has such a tiny market share so they dont see a big profit worth their while so they re not interested and all that rivalry stuff is plain bull**** because they do make for apple iphone wich is great rival for android in the mobile ecosystem but still get their apps to gain profit ... So the reason we dont see apps is because its all business

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Ms makes its apps for android because of the large marketshare so there is a lot of money to make from the userbase unlike google situation with windowsphone has such a tiny market share so they dont see a big profit worth their while so they re not interested and all that rivalry stuff is plain bull**** because they do make for apple iphone wich is great rival for android in the mobile ecosystem but still get their apps to gain profit ... So the reason we dont see apps is because its all business
Honestly I don't think Microsoft is building apps for Android for the purpose of picking up the Android user base. Android users are by and large content with their tightly integrated Google services. The only time it'd make sense to develop for Android is when you want to pitch your services to enterprise customers and cite "and yes, we support all major platforms, including Android."

In the long-run I think Microsoft's consumer focus will level off with iOS and Windows Phone...yes, Windows Phone. If that platform ends up netting Microsoft a solid 100 million full-time Microsoft services users as well as millions of Office 365 subscribers, they'll have to keep the WP crowd hooked in...lest Google decide to come in, which it will, some day.

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
myTube is best tube and there is no other tube that is better than myTube.

MSFT should just by dailymotions already and rebrand OneMotion or OneTube or something xTube SurfaceTube or buy vimeo or whatever.

Kiba85

May 28, 2014
Visit site
They don't want to give WP users easy access to Google services, because they think that this way people are discouraged to buy Windows Phones. Google won't support WP until they realize that they can't do anything to kill it, then you will see Google trying to make money even on us.

I think that this will backlash on them eventually, because WP users are surely more invested in the MS ecosystem and are learning to live without Google services.

WP7Nettwerk

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Yeah some things you are right, but I'm no google deep member. I have one gmail account for only spam and second for youtube and feedly. But my real email I'm using Office 365 E1 plan.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linux86