[Help] Media files not showing with new SD in Storage Sense?

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

i bought a new sd card of 8gb space and copied my 1.8 gb and a 200 mb of music and videos . and when i check in storage sense . it shows music - 0 bytes , videos - 0 bytes ! what to do plz help . my previous sd card use to show all that data well. but it's broken now . plz help me by a fix

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Remove your SD card and copy all your content to PC. Format Sd and insert it to your phone.
Phone will create default folders for photos 📷 music 🎶 videos 🎥. Create sub folder 📁 inside those default if u want. Then you copy your content to those folder 📁.,
I hope this will help you 😊

Syed Muddasser

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
ive done all i take all the music ffiles paste it into dat new music folder . i do all of dem in same way ! and now even the photos load slowly and music too. first it never use to happen like this ! plz help me .. it shows all of my music+videos+photos in other list ! only shows de apps memory which i moved in sd card

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
If you did what the person told you to do and you're still having issues then one of two things are an issue. Either your SD card is not working correctly with WP (a strong possibility) or your OS is not working correctly (another strong possibility)

So you can try a few things.

1 - you can hard reset your phone and hope that fixes things. Keeping in mind that this erases all data on the phone so be sure to backup

2 - buy a new SD card and hope that fixes the issue and you don't need to reset

3 - Do both and hope everything is fine

Up to you.

Funky Cricket

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Class 4 is very slow. Try a class 10. Also, it's not uncommon for new SD cards to not work.
Please try to use complete words and sentences as well, it makes it easier for us trying to help to understand you.
How are you copying to the phone, via the USB cable hooked to a PC with the SD card in the phone? I would recommend that over pulling the card and putting it in the PC. This will make sure the phone knows to scan the data.

Syed Muddasser

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
yeh n also i've tried the other method of copying directly into the sd card ! but.its still the same now i am hard resetting the phone . hope it works ! by the way my previous sd card was also class 4 and it ran perfectly no issue's but as now i have changed itz troubling me ! after i get finished with hard reset i'll let u know ! thanks a lot bro !

Syed Muddasser

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
If you did what the person told you to do and you're still having issues then one of two things are an issue. Either your SD card is not working correctly with WP (a strong possibility) or your OS is not working correctly (another strong possibility)

So you can try a few things.

1 - you can hard reset your phone and hope that fixes things. Keeping in mind that this erases all data on the phone so be sure to backup

2 - buy a new SD card and hope that fixes the issue and you don't need to reset

3 - Do both and hope everything is fine

Up to you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LoresAdrowe