Why won't my wall charger work?

W

WPCentral Question

I've had my HTC One M8 for about a month now and I'm loving every minute of it. Only one problem, sometimes my phone won't charge when its plugged into the wall charger. I've swapped cable, wall plugins, even socket, nothing works. The only way that I can charge it sometimes is to connect it to my laptop. This normally wouldn't be a problem, except I don't want to leave my laptop on and running all night.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I've had my HTC One M8 for about a month now and I'm loving every minute of it. Only one problem, sometimes my phone won't charge when its plugged into the wall charger. I've swapped cable, wall plugins, even socket, nothing works. The only way that I can charge it sometimes is to connect it to my laptop. This normally wouldn't be a problem, except I don't want to leave my laptop on and running all night.

What happened when you took it back to Verizon?

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Good news then. You have bad cables. Better than a faulty handset. That or you need to get an electrical contractor to your house. jk. Take your cables with you next time and verify they need to replace them. Good luck.

Tyler Salfai

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Took my cables to Verizon and they worked fine, went home and got out my multimeter and found out what the problem was. One of the outlets I tried is bad, and the others I tried didn't deliver enough amps/voltage to charge it because they were on a power strip. I finally gave up and just ran an extension cord to another room, problem solved! Thanks for the help!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos