Will Microsoft ever allow us to do local backups?

W

WPCentral Question

Lumia 1520 - Will Microsoft ever allow us to do local backups

So I just bought a L1520. Great phone, hardware software combo but I was disappointed to find out that Microsoft automatically uploads your contacts to the Live account you sign in on the phone. For me, from a privacy perspective that's a complete no no. I would prefer to do local backup's on my PC or Mac.

Does anyone have any idea if Microsoft will give us this feature (which is basic and every other phone OS / platform offers it as of now) or will they force us to give them our contacts to build a nice and compact database for you know who.

Thanks.

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I have a 1520 too. My contacts aren't backed up to my MS account. I don't have backup turned off. You can easily turn it off in settings>backup

When you set up the phone it asks if you want backup turned on.

Wam1q

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft doesn't use your Outlook contact info for advertising or anything... You shouldn't be concerned with privacy with Outlook contacts. You may read the detailed privacy policy if you wish. (BTW, I find the contacts sync very useful--It wirelessly keeps contacts in sync with my two Windows Phones and a Windows 8.1 PC--without worrying about somebody building a profile of me like Google)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jruasap