Why can't I install apps on my SD card on my Lumia 530??

W

WPCentral Question

why i cant install apps on my SD card in lumia 530??

I just got a lumia 530 and added my sd card but i cant download and install any app on the sd card...i tried hard reset,soft reset but nothing works

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: why i cant install apps on my SD card in lumia 530??

Apologies, the Lumia 530 should come with WP8.1.
Have you been to settings > storage sense and changed where new apps are stored (change to SD card)?

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site

Could be an issue with your SD card.
Can you copy music to your SD card and listen to it ok?
Is it all apps you have the issue with? Certain apps can only be installed on the phones memory e.g Barclays and MSN weather.

bashab16

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site

i have tried to play music in my nokia lumia 530 it is playing the music. I also tried top transfer apps from my phone to micro SD card (via storage sense) .it didn't work i think that it is phone problem.
If anyone knows the solution please post it hear :unhappy::unhappy::unhappy::unhappy::unhappy::unhappy::unhappy::unhappy::unhappy::unhappy::unhappy::unhappy::unhappy::unhappy::unhappy::unhappy::unhappy::unhappy::unhappy::unhappy::unhappy::unhappy::unhappy::unhappy::unhappy::unhappy::unhappy::unhappy::unhappy:

bashab16

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site

yes you are right but the app instaled on my nokia lumia 520 in sd card they are working fine so i think the apps instaled in my lumia 520 should work in lumia 530

Ordeith

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

Not all apps can be transferred. Microsoft even unforgivably restricts some of their own apps from being used on SD even though they knowingly made a 4GB phone

Aashish13

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site

various apps like msn apps,watsapp,fb messenger cant be installed on sd card. Rest al the games and apps can easily be installed in SD card

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
How did you put them on your phone. Did you copy them from your computer. Window phone does not support all file extensions and if the extension is not supported by windows phone you can not see them. The solution for this is to get an app which support this file extension.
If you have a app and download them then using this app the filed may only be visible in than app.
Hope this helps otherwise let me know.
If English is a problem use bing translate to help you .

David Quartz

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
Same thing happened to me after I tried to format my sd card with my lumia 530 and it failed. Now I can only access the files which were already on the sd card. No new file will be supported by the phone and I can't download apps to the sd card.
I think Lumia is just an under developed handset.

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site

When you download an app, install it to your phone memory first,access the app via storage sense - apps and games,then select move to sd card,always works for me.Are you sure your device recognises your card,could be an issue there

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshi