Why battery is draining so fast on my 1520?

W

WPCentral Question

I have a 1520 that I really love it especially for its battery life. I've noticed though, in the last two or three charges it's draining much quicker. I would say it has now half of the battery life it used to. Any clues? Anything I can do?

Thanks!

BDub0817

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Just to add, one of the key things is to make sure you lower your brightness. Usually I set my brightness on "Medium" if I am really having a battery issue. I do currently run my phone on "Auto" since I am outside a lot. Second under "settings" check you "notifications+actions" make sure only the applications you want running in the background say "on" the rest are "off". Tip: Only keep a handful "on". Usually having to many application running in the background is the culprit. If you run IE in the background make sure to manage the number of tabs you have open. As an example I have had 15 tabs open and didn't realize. Also hold down the back arrow and close the active application running that you do not need. Outside of that turn off Bluetooth, WIFI & NFC if you are not using them. I leave WIFI and BT on personally because I use them in the office (BT Headset). Remember you have a device with a high-end processor and a large screen; that equals battery drain. As usual stay on the latest update to experience all the benefits of OS optimization that goes on through it lifecycle. I hope this helps, like I tell my friends the reason I do not have these issues is because I have realistic expectations and sound practices that I follow as an IT professional and self professed Technology GURU :). I have 2 Lumia ICON VZW, Lumia 810 T-Mob, Lumia 925 T-Mob & Lumia 620 T-Mob this has helped. I have also had HTC 8XT on Sprint and this has worked along with countless other Windows related mobile devices dating back to 2002.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb