Why can't I remove Arabic from my Lumia 930's languages?

W

WPCentral Question

My Lumia 930 came with Hebrew, multiple Chinese options and Arabic keyboards preinstalled, in addition to the English keyboard. I deleted the Chinese keyboards successfully, but whenever I "remove" the Arabic keyboard, it returns! I've tried removing it and immediately restarting the phone, but that hasn't helped. I haven't been able to find a discussion online about this, so I hope someone here can help me.
FWIW, I ordered the unlocked Lumia 930 through Amazon in the US.

Thanks!

STi

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
i have the same problem! Lumia 930 bought in Hungary, i'm from israel using israeli sim card, every time i restart the phone the arabic keyboard back again!!! there is anyone can give me the israeli product code so i can download the correct rom? or any other soultion? the rom right now is Denim

STi

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
from what i can tell this thing happens only after some language update right after a clean flash. it looks like there is something in the Denim rom ( and i tried a couple of theme!!!) that readd the arabic keyboard everytime i restart the phone

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
from what i can tell this thing happens only after some language update right after a clean flash. it looks like there is something in the Denim rom ( and i tried a couple of theme!!!) that readd the arabic keyboard everytime i restart the phone

I don't know why it happens but it's not only denim related. There are posts where people on cyan and cyan + preview for developer also got these "out of the blue" keyboards.
I know from one of them that the German keyboard did not reappear after a hard rest . He had an UK country variant. And did the hard reset about 2 months ago.

Last edited:

jhunts5

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site
How did you delete the Chinese keyboards? Under keyboard options in settings, I have the choice to add keyboards but even when I click on the multiple chinese keyboards that came preinstalled, I am not given a choice to remove. But when I change languages and suddenly chinese shows up, I'm not a happy camper.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)