My Nokia Lumia 620 has been stuck on the Nokia startup screen for 5 hours now.

W

WPCentral Question

Hi guys, greetings from Nairobi. I've had my Nokia Lumia 620 for a little over 6 months now. I was on 8.1 through the developer's preview. So I was just sitting there, hadn't used my phone for around 15 minutes. When I checked the phone, it was stuck on the Nokia screen. I assumed that it was restarting so I left it for a couple more minutes. It's been on the screen for around 5 hours. I have tried the soft and hard reset several times but still nothing works. I'm still stuck on the Nokia screen and the device is not detected when I plug it on the laptop through the USB cable. Seen a couple of videos on using Navifirm but can't do much because the device isn't being detected. Hoping I won't have to take it to the care center. Anything else I can try? Looking forward to your responses. Much thanks.

By hard resetting I followed the following steps:
Turn off the Lumia,
Pressed and held the Power Button, did not release until the phone vibrates.
Pressed and held the Volume Down Button, did not release until the LCD showed the exclamation mark.
Pressed Volume Up Button Key and released
Pressed Volume Down Button Key and released
Pressed Power Button Key and released
Pressed Volume Down Button Key and released.

The soft reset was simply power button and volume down button.

I should also point out that the USB cable I'm using isn't the one that I got the phone with :) lost that one.

Thanks guys.:)

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Try a different cable and use Nokia Care Suite to reset the phone, you will lose everything on the phone but it should reset it to factory settings. You will then probably need to get it updated via Developer preview again...good luck.

Rowieroro

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Thanks so much. Just curious, what causes this problem and if having the SIM in during the hard reset affects whether or not it works. Thanks again, let me try it and let you know if it works.:smile:

Julie Copeland

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
I'm having this same problem almost exactly. Additionally, when it's not plugged in to charge and is powered down, the home and search buttons on front remain illuminated which seems kindof nuts. Like you, Ive tried hard and soft reset, plugging into the computer (powers on stopping still and freezing on Nokia Screen but not recognized my computer), tried different cords and wall chargers all to no avail. Did you ever find a fix for yours?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tribalforcexupdate