Why has Instagram and vine stopped support for Windows phone?

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
re:

Well seeing that Windows Phone is such a small market compared to other operating systems and on top of that most of Windows Phone users prefer Rudy's 6tag and 6sec over the official apps, the amount of people left over who are actually using the official apps are so incredibly small, they would be dumb to not make their majority of users their biggest priority.

Ultimate Insider

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
re:

Well seeing that Windows Phone is such a small market compared to other operating systems and on top of that most of Windows Phone users prefer Rudy's 6tag and 6sec over the official apps, the amount of people left over who are actually using the official apps are so incredibly small, they would be dumb to not make their majority of users their biggest priority.

why don't they give all apis and support to rudy huyn, to make 6tag unique and also they can republish it official instagram app.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
re:

why don't they give all apis and support to rudy huyn, to make 6tag unique and also they can republish it official instagram app.

Well I'd assume Rudy probably already has all the API's seeing as he has fully functioning apps for both of those services. But allowing him to release as an official app is still a lot of work for them. Releasing something as an official app makes them responsible for the users experience so they will need to take time out of their more popular apps to regulate and test Rudy's app, and none of that is something that they want to do.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
re:

Well I'd assume Rudy probably already has all the API's seeing as he has fully functioning apps for both of those services.

Don't Rudy's apps break sometimes when the company makes a change on the back end? That shouldn't happen with official apps, as the company would update the apps at the same time as the changes.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
re:

Don't Rudy's apps break sometimes when the company makes a change on the back end? That shouldn't happen with official apps, as the company would update the apps at the same time as the changes.

Yes, and he fixes it within the day. And correct, that won't happen with official apps.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
re:

Rudy is a great developer and I like 6tag. However, 6tag never pushes notifications when someone likes/comments any post or if somone accepts friend request etc. but Instagram BETA does it. In case of 6tag, I see only live tile gets updated with such updates. Am I the only one facing this issue with notification or is it something not implemeted in 6tag? Also, why I get no notifications when some friend of mine uploads any pic/video, be it Instagram BETA or 6tag?

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
re:

Rudy is a great developer and I like 6tag. However, 6tag never pushes notifications when someone likes/comments any post or if somone accepts friend request etc. but Instagram BETA does it. In case of 6tag, I see only live tile gets updated with such updates. Am I the only one facing this issue with notification or is it something not implemeted in 6tag? Also, why I get no notifications when some friend of mine uploads any pic/video, be it Instagram BETA or 6tag?

Push notifications can't be implemented due to API restrictions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3