Are there Windows Phone apps that can record video in the background?

Marc Cupido

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know if theres a app for Windows phone that can record videos in the background? I've seen one that lets your screen go black like it's locked but am looking for one that let you actually do stuff in the background while it still records.

Marc Cupido

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
re:

Lol its not for something illegal just want to catch someone, but I have hidden cam but was looking for something in the line of recording while I'm on my homescreen etc. I know for a fact my old Nokia n8 had an app like that but it was laggy as hell

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
re:

haha, well, what phone are you using then? If the resolution is good enough you could "snipe" your target from a considerable distance.
But whatever the phone, I don't think it would be possible to record a video while actually being in your home screen... or while running a different app other than the recorder for that matter. That would entail having a background task that would keep on recording the video, but background tasks might not be given enough privilege, access to resources and memory to be able to run the camera continuously in the background... at least from my understanding of the Windows Phone platform.:angel:

Marc Cupido

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Got a Nokia(Microsoft) Lumia 1020. Yeah I figured that we won't be able to that. Like 3rd party apps can't even automatically upload a picture to dropbox without it being connected to Wi-Fi, a charger or 90% battery.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3