How to prevent these 2 apps (People & Restore Data) not to use too much data in the background?

Johnny Sayasane

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Here is the screenshot I took to show you how much it drains my data in just 4 hours without touching the phone and it happens every single day. I already try to disable all the background app in Battery Sense (except IM app) and disable all the Automatic Upload (e.g. OneDrive backup...). I use only "sync my settings" and "back up" for apps+settings.

About the People app, I didn't change anything in a week and the last time I changed its data I already connected to the Wi-Fi and everything was done in that time.

I didn't use internet package because I can't find any good package in my country. So I just want to know why they use so much data in the background for just 4 hours.

Anyway, thank you in advance and sorry for my language (I'm not sure in my English) :cool:
wp_ss_20141024_0001.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: How to prevent these 2 apps (People & Restore Data) not to use too much data in the background

If you have say Twitter, Facebook...... added to People then it's going to use data as it checks and updates the phone for post.

I will say that my Peoples hub has only used 3mb in the last 30 days but I also don't use the Peoples hub but, if I look at the Twitter app it has 153mb used and I don't use FB at all so not sure.

People hub doesn't have an option to not run in background but, if you would like to conserve data\battery, goto Settings\ Battery Saver\Usage and you can turn apps that have the option off from running in background.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss