Why can't I edit Excel files on Lumia?

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Office on lumia

Because you have them in old .xls format, you need to have them in the never .xlsx format to edit in WP.

Excel anyway is a JOKE in WP and Ballmer should have been kicked out for that reason alone. Lets hope that the reason why its so ****ty, is the touch office coming and that its coming ON RELEASE to WP also.

lumia-lover

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Re: Office on lumia

Because you have them in old .xls format, you need to have them in the never .xlsx format to edit in WP.

Excel anyway is a JOKE in WP and Ballmer should have been kicked out for that reason alone. Lets hope that the reason why its so ****ty, is the touch office coming and that its coming ON RELEASE to WP also.

Buy I saved the file as .xlsx and same problem, "can't edit workbook"

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
re:

Is there an error message or any other information? I can and do edit Excel documents on my phone from time to time. I built a simple checking account register for my wife in Excel and she uses it almost daily. Is the document saved in your Onedrive? Have you modified your permissions in the Onedrive folder?

werner6769

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
re:

Hi. Did you create the file with something other than msword? Some programs like openoffice and libreoffice don't play nice. Also, make sure the file is not write protected. I use wps office (used to be kingsoft office) on my win8.1 laptop and have no problems editing on mobile.

lumia-lover

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
re:

I received the file from my boss via the email, the file format is .xls I changed the format to .xlsx, but with same error. The file contains simple formulas and links between it's tabs. It works fine on PC and online, but it is not editable in WP.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
re:

How did you change the format, just renamed it or saved as. If you simply renamed it wont work. You need to save as .xlsx (on PC)

Also, usually Office documents received by mail are in protected mode, to make it edible you need open it on PC and save it (.xlsx format)

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
re:

I had the same problem. Sent my cv to my email to add to office and couldn't edit it... The best way round it is to copy the file, paste it to one note, then copy from one note and paste it to office. Then you can edit the document from there 😊

lumia-lover

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
re:

How did you change the format, just renamed it or saved as. If you simply renamed it wont work. You need to save as .xlsx (on PC)

Also, usually Office documents received by mail are in protected mode, to make it edible you need open it on PC and save it (.xlsx format)

I saved it as .xlsx through PC, I think the problem is related to the protection mode for docs which are received via email, do you have any idea about how to disable this protection??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3