How can I update WP8.1 from hdd to Lumia620?

mladja999

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Update WP8.1 from hdd to lumia620

I have a very slow int. connection only 25kb/s, and it happens to snap from time to time.
So when i update new version of WP8.1 wich is 1.55Gb it takes about 16hours. Last night it was 12% of update and i lost connection to int. and all was lost.
So my question is can i download WP8.1 to HDD and than to update it to my lumia 620 from hdd without int. connection?????

mladja999

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
I tried "Nokia Software Recovery Tool". And as i wrote in my question, it happens that due to slow conection my update snaps when connection goes down.
Now i am downloading software(Product Type : RM-846
Variant ID : 7378270203
Varian Name : RM-846 VAR EU-HUNGARY AL BA BG CY CZ+ AV
Product Code : 059S2G1
Software Version : 3058.50000.1425.0004)
becouse i can continue(resume in opera browser) download when i reconect to internet after connection breaks down. I think these software that i am downloading is the right one for L620(please correct me if i am wrong) and now i need a program to put that softwar in my phone.
Thanks for trying to help!

mladja999

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Update WP8.1 from hdd to lumia620

The internet connection is way to slow to keep up with that big update...is there a local Starbucks or any place with free Wi-Fi you can use?

Yes there is a place with Wi-Fi 10km from my village. But i am new with smart phones. So i presumed that i will update my L620 izzyer from pc(w8).
A problem occured these way: I turned on my phone without sim. And it asked me to install update. I was curious what will happen if i press install without sim! So when started to update after few minutes i turned phone off, and when i turned it on. On the display was spining gears. So now i have another question:
If i put my sim in the phone that have free 6gb for internet connection, will it update my system or not? And how long will it take becouse i use EDGE?! But i dont know if my L620 is configured for internet download. And that is why i am trying to update my system over PC....
Every suggestion is welcom!

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Re: Update WP8.1 from hdd to lumia620

The sim will not affect the update when it is out of your phone. All your sim does I tell your phone to connect to the network to get signal for calls, text and net. Your perfectly safe to download without the sim if you download via wifi

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3