SD card help for Nokia Lumia 830

Arman Qureshi

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm using SanDisk 16gb class 4 micro sd in my Nokia Lumia 830..but i'm getting notification about "SD card error" and my phone told me to scan SD card..so i let my Lumia do scanning..but than after i got another notification about "error can not be removed..try another SD card" please help me

Does i need to use another card or Lumia devices does not support class4? Should i use class 10 micro sd? And if i format sd card ..will my maps data and game data can be restored from backups?? Or i have to download it once again? Please help me.

Gesh75

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm using SanDisk 16gb class 4 micro sd in my Nokia Lumia 830..but i'm getting notification about "SD card error" and my phone told me to scan SD card..so i let my Lumia do scanning..but than after i got another notification about "error can not be removed..try another SD card" please help me

Does i need to use another card or Lumia devices does not support class4? Should i use class 10 micro sd? And if i format sd card ..will my maps data and game data can be restored from backups?? Or i have to download it once again? Please help me.

First of all I would recommend class 10 card only if you also plan to store heavy games on it, for better performance of games. Secondly if it gives you that error clear the SD-card, So copy all the files to your pc for example of another storage device. And then format the card in your Lumia 830. After that you can put your files back on it. It should then work. And also is that game data and maps from your previous phone? If it's from a windows phone I would advice to first make a backup of your previous device. Most data will be saved then. And on installing /starting up your 830 from factory. you can then transfer your backup on it. And will put back most of your data. I know new games support this but from the older games you will most likely lose save data. So your maps will be restored, but games really depends, games themselves will be restored but if their data also gets transferred really depends on the game. Hope this helps!

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
(Unrepairable) errors on SD cards are not class 4 only they can happen on all SD cards

I would advice you to do the scan in your phone. If the phone can not fix it place the card in the card reader from your computer and scan it.
If you still get a "non reparable" error check if you still have the receipt of the SD card because some brands give 10 years warranty.
If you decide to use the card anyhow than back-up the card regular.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077