How do I install Cortana on my Lumia 1020?

W

WPCentral Question

I performed a Phone Reset as told by O2 Guru and nothing changed.

I have the 8.1 Update on my Lumia 1020 and i can't get the Cortana App, i was told to do a RESET and it didn't do a thing for my Phone, does Cortana come pre installed on the Nokia Lumia 730 or what as i searched the STORE and Cortana isn't available i can get the US Version of Cortana by changing the Settings for Language Keyboard and Location Cortana just appears when i do that but like i said it's American not the English Spoken one.

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: I performed a Phone Reset as told by O2 Guru and nothing changed.

I imagine you do not live in the USA. So here's how it works.

Cortana isn't available outside the USA in Windows 8.1 besides region settings changed there's not way. However in Windows Phone 8.1.1 (Developer Preview for now) Cortana is available to any English speaking Countries (Canada, UK, Australia etc....) you would need to set it to any of those countries and make sure that the Speech is set to English USA or English British.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site

I imagine you do not live in the USA. So here's how it works.

Cortana isn't available outside the USA in Windows 8.1 besides region settings changed there's not way. However in Windows Phone 8.1.1 (Developer Preview for now) Cortana is available to any English speaking Countries (Canada, UK, Australia etc....) you would need to set it to any of those countries and make sure that the Speech is set to English USA or English British.
Nopesies. Cortana is available in Canada and England,Via NL 730/5 and 830 as well as the 939 in England via 8.1.1 update

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site

You said Cortana is only available in the US unless you use the Dev Preview. Which is wrong. 735/830/Branded UK 930 devices have Cortana because of the 8.1.1 official update

Yeah which is still technically only on 8.1.1 because not all Lumias have 8.1.1 heck some aren't even on 8.1 yet. I assume this user isn't on the x3x series.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site

I have the 8.1 Update on my Lumia 1020 and i can't get the Cortana App, i was told to do a RESET and it didn't do a thing for my Phone, does Cortana come pre installed on the Nokia Lumia 730 or what as i searched the STORE and Cortana isn't available i can get the US Version of Cortana by changing the Settings for Language Keyboard and Location Cortana just appears when i do that but like i said it's American not the English Spoken one.

Hold on. Do you have the 8.1 update or the 8.1 Update. One's the Windows Phone 8.1 OS and the other"Update" With a big U is an update to 8.1.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism