Ameritrades answer to WP support

wingson

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I like most people are frustrated by the lack of support for WP. Even if there is an app its a far cry from android/ios versions

I need apps for my bank and trading accounts, sorry I just don't shoot pictures all day. I wrote to both basically saying I run windows across all devices and ned support on WP.

This was Ameritrades answer verbatim

At this time, there are no plans on there being a new or supported app for the WP platform. Currently the demand for an app on that platform is very, very, low. To be able to get the green light to develop AND support a more up to date app, we would need to have the numbers to justify it. If this changes in the future, it is a possibility, but right now that is not the case unfortunately.

The bank pretty much said the same thing.
Questions
What do you think market share has to be to get support for these critical business apps?:
Right now this is how it stacks up by mobile/tablet operating system market share:
Android 47.06 %
IOS 43.86 %
Java me 2.78%
Symbian 2.56%
WP 2.38%
Blackberry 1.22%
Kindle .08%
Other .07%
Source netmarketshare.com

Does anyone think MSFT should be calling on these critical business accounts (all major banks, credit unions, trading platforms, etc and using some of their co-op dollars (they have enough of it) to incentivize these people to not only develop but more importantly support with updates these apps?

I'm growing weary honestly and not sure how much more I can wait.

I don't blame companies that say numbers don't support development. Until they do I think MSFT, if mobile is indeed important as the new CEO says it is, should make available every resource they have and CO-DEVELOP these important applications and hold companies accountable?

I have to use my wife's iPhone to scan and deposit a check, need my sons android tablet to use his wi fi analyzer to detect weak signals in house for proper placement of extenders, etc. I could go on and on..

How long are you all willing to wait to see changes or is everyone so fixated on their 2000 megapixel camera that's all anyone can talk about? I personally could care less about the camera and view the phone as a smaller computer form factor needed for productivity.

WP excels at alot of thing but this is getting frustrating. What do you all think the solution is?

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Maybe WP simply isn't for you. I don't need any of the things you mention so don't miss them but you obviously do so maybe a different platform will work better for you. Really no point being frustrated by a platform when another would work better.

Funky Cricket

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
thankfully, One Note, outlook.com and other MS applications are supported well on the other platforms. I think the only thing I really miss is a decent WiFi analyzer on my phone. But I can use Xirrus on my laptop just as easy 99% of the time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre