Why is my computer slow after plugging in my Windows phone?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Computer slow after plugging in my windows phone

So, I have a refurbished Split X2. Anyway, it was running fine.. Occasionally slow, but only during updates and such. But today I decided to back up my phone into the computer. I guess the USB port is flimsy because I keep hearing the alert for when a device is plugged in or not. Long story short, I think the file transfer was interrupted. Now my computer is running really slow. I got most of the pictures and I put it in the SD card on the tablet part. My memory and disk is always at 98% and 100% respectively. This is driving me nuts. I've only had it for less than a week and I've only used it to work on my Java homeworks and youtube videos.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Computer slow after plugging in my windows phone

So, I have a refurbished Split X2. Anyway, it was running fine.. Occasionally slow, but only during updates and such. But today I decided to back up my phone into the computer. I guess the USB port is flimsy because I keep hearing the alert for when a device is plugged in or not. Long story short, I think the file transfer was interrupted. Now my computer is running really slow. I got most of the pictures and I put it in the SD card on the tablet part. My memory and disk is always at 98% and 100% respectively. This is driving me nuts. I've only had it for less than a week and I've only used it to work on my Java homeworks and youtube videos.

How much RAM does your computer have? Do you have a lot of programs running, many tabs open in your browser, or many startup programs? All of these can fill up your RAM. Now, depending on how you have set your computer to handle the page file, it's most likely that when your RAM gets filled up (near 95%), the computer starts writing into the page file thus increasing hard disk activity. Any of the following steps has worked for me:
1. Decrease number of running programs; close two or three of those that are running;
2. Close open tabs in browser until the RAM activity decreases significantly;
3. Restart computer - NOT forced restart by pressing and holding the power button, just the normal restart procedure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb