How do I play the songs off of my SD card(Windows 8.1)?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

My windows 8.1 phone is reading songs from the SD card

Hi guys,
Need your expertise here.

My windows 8.1 phone has over 100 songs stored in the SD card. However, when I go to the Music menu, I don't find anything.

Could any tell me how to play those songs (without a trouble)

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: My windows 8.1 phone is reading songs from the SD card

You need to change the setting in Storage Sense to "Store my new music on SD card", this should allow the phone to see the current files.

This will make a folder on the card called Music, copy the files into this and it should all work.

Bob

hink3000

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Download the files app from the store. Check on the SD card and make sure the songs are in the music folder. Then go to settings, then storage sense and choose to store new music, etc. On the SD.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site

Music app is useless. It doesn't even scan for new added songs.

Why would it scan the SD card if it thinks the music folder is on the phone, you just need to understand the system to make it work, I personally think the Xbox Music app on the WP and Windows is pretty good.

Bob

Prateek Kumar

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Why would it scan the SD card if it thinks the music folder is on the phone, you just need to understand the system to make it work, I personally think the Xbox Music app on the WP and Windows is pretty good.

Bob

Why would it think that the Music folder is on phone when I set all new music to be stored in SD card. And if still does so then I feel that Music app is pretty bad.

Update: Scan is working now. But still they should make it a system app again as soon as feature parity with other platforms is achieved.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb