How do I remove apps from the 'Purchase History'?

EBUK

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Every app that has ever been installed on my phone is listed on the 'Purchase History' page of my account. Even apps that I have unistalled. How to I permanently remove the apps from this history?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Every app that has ever been installed on my phone is listed on the 'Purchase History' page of my account. Even apps that I have unistalled. How to I permanently remove the apps from this history?

I'd like to know this too lol

I'm not sure why you want to. The history allows you to re-download/install an app for free once you have "purchased" it once. This is server side info tied to your account at the App store. It protects consumers from having to pay twice for the same app... Every ecosystem does this as far as I know.

It also serves as a reminder to you of what you may have tried and dismissed so you don't keep going back to an app that does not do what you want in the way that you want it to function.

If you really want to delete one, you have to delete them all. Do a hard reset on your phone and use a new account name during set up... Of course, anything you paid for and want still will have to be repurchased and you loose all data, settings, etc. backed up to your old account.

​I really can see no reason to take such a drastic measure.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
You can't do it on purpose, but sometimes it forgets.

I have on occasion looked for something that I know I downloaded before, and it does not show up in purchase history. I've only seen it a couple of times and don't remember which apps it was.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Is it possible they are apps no longer available?
They weren't, because I went and found them in the store and it showed "free" where normally if you already got it, it shows "owned."

I suppose it's possible it could be deleted from the store, and replaced by another app of the exact same name but with a different GUID or something.

josuedelgado1

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure why you want to. The history allows you to re-download/install an app for free once you have "purchased" it once. This is server side info tied to your account at the App store. It protects consumers from having to pay twice for the same app... Every ecosystem does this as far as I know.

It also serves as a reminder to you of what you may have tried and dismissed so you don't keep going back to an app that does not do what you want in the way that you want it to function.

If you really want to delete one, you have to delete them all. Do a hard reset on your phone and use a new account name during set up... Of course, anything you paid for and want still will have to be repurchased and you loose all data, settings, etc. backed up to your old account.

​I really can see no reason to take such a drastic measure.

Android used to be this way and now allows you to remove downloaded apps from history. U would like to have this on Windows. 🙈

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I would like to be able to do this.��

So... You quoted yourself and agreed with yourself?

Capture.JPG

Is that to ensure you are speaking to someone who appreciates what you have to say? :winktongue:

EBUK

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I can do it on Android - sometimes I download an app to see if it meets my needs. If it doesn't I delete it. Having unwanted free apps in purchase history isn't a useful feature.

Perhaps it will be fixed in the Windows 10 Store.

BlueOwl245

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
I also wish this was possible to do on my Lumia 640 XL. All the apps I have downloaded are FREE, and freely available again anytime. Not that I would, but if I wanted to uninstall and reinstall them every few days, changing my mind, they are still easy to fidn in Store and also FREE to download. So why clutter up your Store history (Store - ...more - History) with a long list taking up storage? Even apps you pay for, can easily be uninstalled and then searched for again (if they still exist) using the Store search. I think MS are trying too hard to be helpful, by taking away from the user what seems to me to be a common sense option to provide.

Twitawoo! I'm feeling blue!

BlueOwl, in an old English wood.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbrothers1