Is google's decision to stay away from windows phone apps a right move?

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Well the "Scroogled" campaign certainly didn't help any co-operative relationship that Microsoft had with Google.
That was one of the worst moves MS ever made in my opinion.

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Google (and Apple) competes in the market place through exclusivity. Either use their services on their devices, or pound sand.

Microsoft is competing by availability. Use any of their services on any device.

One of these strategies is very consumer friendly, the other is anti consumer. In time, more and more users will realize that they don't like their options being artificially limited, and policies will change.

Until then, use metrotube.

PaulMilbank

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
No-one can force them to support a smartphone platform. I wonder if it started when Microsoft released WP7 and you could only have Bing on the search button. Not that Google is any better with Android, but still. Until Microsoft gets enough market share to make Google notice and have users demand apps from Google, its not going to happen.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Well the "Scroogled" campaign certainly didn't help any co-operative relationship that Microsoft had with Google.
That was one of the worst moves MS ever made in my opinion.

They don't seem to have a problem supporting the Xbox consoles. And I doubt any increase in wp marketshare will change anything because they simply don't want to.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Its definitely not a right move, IMO. I still wonder why Microsoft offers its services on Android devices!
If Google can play unfair to MS then MS should do the same. MS should pull off Office/Skype and other MS services from Android and make it WP exclusive. And if Google needs those, let them develop their own third party apps for MS apps.

But, who cares :-D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb