How we can lock our messages , gallery files and third party apps in all lumia phones ?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Now a days PRIVACY is the most Important thing we want in our phone.
But in Lumia series or any other windows phone why we cannot lock messages and gallery ?
Anyone can easily access to my stuffs as any one can see my screen lock password when i use to unlock it.
If there will be a lock in windows 10 upgrade so that we can lock our Messages , Gallery and other apps as they are CONCERNING to our PRIVACY then it will be more beneficial to we Lumia users.
OR
Rather then this an app should be made available easily so that we can lock our confidential stuffs like Messages , Videos , Images and third party Apps.
There is not even a category in windows store named "PRIVACY" or "SECURITY".

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Interesting

So who is standing next to you that can see you type your password but you would be afraid they'd see your texts and photos?

Windows allows you to lock certain files, etc. Maybe they'd all that with Windows 10 on ARM devices. Seems like a really niche feature though. Wouldn't hold your breath.

Torcher Death

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Well, due to the restrictive & compartmentalised nature of the WP OS, its very very unlikely that any third party app locker is going to be effective... so hopefully it comes as a part of the OS with the release of WP/W 10

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Options are good but this one seems irrelevant, again that's a personal opinion. What Microsoft should do is provide more lock screen unlock options (pattern unlock, picture unlock, etc.) and encryption of microSD cards. Pattern unlock might not provide much security if someone is watching you unlock your phone already but atleast it could be slightly difficult to remember a pattern rather than a four digit code

k72

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Options are good but this one seems irrelevant, again that's a personal opinion. What Microsoft should do is provide more lock screen unlock options (pattern unlock, picture unlock, etc.) and encryption of microSD cards. Pattern unlock might not provide much security if someone is watching you unlock your phone already but atleast it could be slightly difficult to remember a pattern rather than a four digit code

I actually use the same pattern as in my old Android phone, but converted to numbers for WP. I haven't really seen the difference between the two, other than swiping or tapping. I find the tapping more accurate for me. It would be neat to have the numbers mixed up though for more security, like App Locker has, so they show up in a different order each time.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I actually use the same pattern as in my old Android phone, but converted to numbers for WP. I haven't really seen the difference between the two, other than swiping or tapping. I find the tapping more accurate for me. It would be neat to have the numbers mixed up though for more security, like App Locker has, so they show up in a different order each time.

Yes, as long as it's native to the OS. I don't like third party apps taking control of my phone's content which I am trying to hide it from others on a phone which already has a password :D

Sent from my GT60 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon