Why isn't my Bluetooth working in my car?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Someone must know how to help (Bluetooth problem)

Hi guys.....
my problem is this and i'm hoping that someone could advise as i seem to be pulling my hair out

Every time i connect my car or it connects itself to my Fiat (windows os) Bluetooth car kit built in to steering wheel it seems to not work.

looking at my phone whilst it connects it displays paired,connected and connected voice and constantly flips between these 3 three statuses... if i ever get it to stay on "connected voice" it works but it never stays on there for long just starts switching back and forth. tried my friends old Lumia 635 and works fine perfect even reads out text messages etc etc and voice dialing works perfect admittingly that is NOT on 8.0 i believe on OS before. I have tried Soft reset and Hard reset and restoring phone but nothing.....

Do windows know about thuis and will be fixed or what on earth can i do

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: Someone must know how to help (Bluetooth problem)

First, I'd like to say that pairing with car stereos seems to be a bit of an issue with WP. Not entirely sure why.

You state your friend's old phone pairs but you call it a 635, which is a new second gen phone... typo?

What phone do you have and what OS are you running? Have you tried pairing to other Bluetooth devices?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Never tried pairing with other phones yet

Maybe take a trip to a store the sells Bluetooth devices and see if you can pair them with your phone? I'm not sure that Update 1 will fix your issue or not.

I'm thinking more along the lines that maybe your Bluetooth doesn't work right on your phone.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Ok cool so....how do I get it too work?? As that's the whole point of me getting phone 📱 every phone I have used works perfectly except this one
Well that's why I'm suggesting testing it on something else to determine the problem. It could be hardware related which means repair.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

When you say hardware?? Does that mean outside of warranty I'm pretty stuck

Yes I mean if you're outside your warranty that could be an issue. I'm not saying it is but I'm suggesting you check with another bluetooth device first, like headset. To see if it's phone.

Did you use the Nokia Software Recovery Tool yet?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidCreased