Appalling customer service

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Fantastic service - you must be joking.

My Lumia 920 will not restart for the second time, despite hard reset, recovery software it will not turn on. I have called Nokia support who are unprepared to help despite the product being in warranty, They tell me to use the online service booking tool, I would but the site has been down for 2 days, despite assurances it would be only a few hours. When I contact the third party 'Anovo' for information all my emails are ignored, I even sent a message to Matt Channing head of customer care in UK, again no reply. When I call customer services again I am basically being lied to as to how long the site will be down.

I have now spent three days just trying to return a faulty product back for replacement. Terrible service, the whole office has been witness as to how bad the service is, so Nokia have certainly lost 20 potential customers, and as time goes on and I get more frustated with appalking service, I am tweeting, Facebooking and basically letting as many people I can to not go near any Nokia product at all, not becuase of the products in themselves, but when something goes wrong the message from Nokia is "we could'nt care less" . I will now be spending yet another day trying to find someone at Nokia who can help

Mellifluous

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I personally have had two helpful experiences from both Nokia and Anovo and I like to think this is partly because I have approached them in a polite way.

I suggest emailing cert-uk@ the Anovo domain - if you don't have this email already - explaining the issue with your handset. Include your IMEI number and postal address.

I understand you're now frustrated but I suggest toning it down in your email to them and just ask them if they can kindly help deal with the issue directly since you cannot via the website.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Maybe the lag in return contact has to do with the Nokia service being passed to MS. I would try and contact MS UK and see if they are prepared to help. After all, Nokia WP is now MS WP.

wplee

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
Call Nokia back and ask for a supervisor. Tell them their online systems down so you want them to arrange the repair otherwise you will be contacting your local Trading Standards for legal action. Also try tweeting the official Nokia/Microsoft UK accounts and don't stop til you get a response. Let us know what happens...

Wam1q

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Try going to a Nokia Care Centre in person. They'll take your phone and give you a replacement for the time being. Then they'd call you back when your phone is repaired/flashed/running and you will get your phone back on working condition. :) That's what they did with my uncle with his Lumia 820.

anon9169769

Banned
Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
I live in UK and had great service from Microsoft. What I done was went onto Microsoft live chat using my phone. I had to wait no longer then 5 seconds each time I contacted them. My problem is when I got my 1520 it came with twenty pound app credit and 7 free xbox games. Anyway during update to 8.1 I lost all my games....within 7 days Microsoft added twenty pounds to my wallet despite my games not showing up in their side. Nokia however was useless to chat to even tho it was their promotion

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb