Why is my swipe back in modern UI version of IE11 very slow?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Swipe back in modern UI version of IE11 very slow

Hi!
On my Surface 2 (RT) the IE11 is damn slow if you swipe back. It seems that it reloads the last page completely. Often it takes many seconds until you can go ahead, that is really annoying. If you search the web for the problem you find some "solutions", but none of these really help and it is not only the Surface that is affected. It seems that Microsoft knows about the problem, but doesn't do anything. Have some of you the same problem or a real solution? Maybe WindowsCentral can do something about this Topic, contacting Microsoft?
Thanks a lot for your help.
Chris

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: Swipe back in modern UI version of IE11 very slow

This happens on the Lumia 2520 and the Dell venue 8 pro too. I guess IE just needs a lot of power because the only device where it's fast for me is the surface pro 3 and even then there's still loading

Christian Popp

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Re: Swipe back in modern UI version of IE11 very slow

But why I don't see this behaviour in the Desktop Version of IE on Surface. I guess it is the same rendering engine, and it is as fast as it should be... The last page I visited should be in cache, so no powerful rendering is needed in this moment. It is faster to load a new page than loading the last page.... That makes no sense for me...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon