Cannot post to Facebook from People tile

MrGryffudd

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm sure this question has been asked already but after searching for two hours in the phone app I still can't find this, anyway...

After installing the cyan update I can no longer post or reply to Facebook items from the 'What's new' tab in the People tile although I can for Twitter. Just tapping a post made by one of my contacts opens the facebook app which doesn't seem like a biggie but when working in low data areas it's takes time to load the dates needed for the role itself but then double for the Facebook app....maybe more as the app is far slower that the people tile.

Anyone else having this?
I want it the way it was.... It was one of the standout features of the OS.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
When Cyan came in, that option went out lol We no longer have that integration. Now we have to look towards third part apps to post on FB and twitter at the same time. The store has one or two very good apps and WindowsCentral even did a few articles on them :)

MrGryffudd

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
This is a large step back....this is now on par with an iphone. I'm quite annoyed at this, means the people tile is just a phonebook once more....

Sad days. Thanks for the help.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
This is a large step back....this is now on par with an iphone. I'm quite annoyed at this, means the people tile is just a phonebook once more....

Sad days. Thanks for the help.

Yes many of us were complaining... The official word was that by removing the tight integration, apps could be update separately and more frequently instead of working on an entire update for everything. However the new third party apps aren't bad :)

Don't know if you noticed or even used it, but FB messages aren't tied into your inbox anymore as well

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljwsrvv