Should I Start a Online Petition about Microsoft?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Should I Start a Online Petition about Microsoft

I'm a big Fan of Microsoft I love Love Love Everything about Windows Phone but the apps in the store are missing a lot of updates and I mean A LOT!!! Like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Kik messenger, Tumblr and more. Its even missing some Popular apps like Snapchat, Candy Crush, Sound Cloud and more. Even some apps I use are not even in the Store. I have showed and told everyone I know or even meet about windows phone and all most all of them love Windows Phone But when they realise most of the apps are missing they go to a platform that has apps people can deal with the huge app gap. They just can't deal with that the main apps are missing or not being updated. I wanted to start a Petition to see if Microsoft can fix one of there biggest problems, By Updating the apps. I know they tell us there working on it but to me I haven't really seen any big changes in the Windows Phone apps store, I know there working on other projects like Lumia Denim Which I cant wait for. So Tell me Should I Start the Petition or not tell me why and If there's a app I left out or a app you use that's not in the store. Tell me about it or tell me if I'm just being Stupid.

Nicholas Maguire

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Re: Should I Start a Online Petition about Microsoft

You'll have to reach the developers about that, Microsoft doesn't make any of those apps except the Facebook one, which is updated every now and then. At least, more than the others are.

P1ng0fDeath

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site

No. MS is not responsible for updating these apps (except Facebook, as said). I do support a petition for each company of each of these apps though and some others. Maybe it could get us somewhere if a lot of people signed it.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site

Although I wouldn't go so far as to say online petitions are always completely pointless, I think this would be. You wouldn't be bringing anything to MS' attention they don't already know. Unless of course you have a brilliant idea that nobody has yet thought of, and which MS isn't already attempting. Either way, if you have no solution and are only trying to yell as loud as you possibly can: "we want", then I think you are wasting your time. It would probably be better to go over to uservoice and add your votes to the many app related requests already on the site.

CliveSinclair

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site

Its not Microsoft's fault its greedy developers who have a larger target on iOS and Android.

I'm just moving from Android development to WP and no way will I make the same money. I used to do Android fulltime and make a living from it, not possible on WP, you perfect catch 22 scenario.

spinzeroWL

May 16, 2013
Visit site

Its not Microsoft's fault its greedy developers who have a larger target on iOS and Android.

I'm just moving from Android development to WP and no way will I make the same money. I used to do Android fulltime and make a living from it, not possible on WP, you perfect catch 22 scenario.

If developers can't make a living on Windows Phone, then I have no problem with them making a living elsewhere.
they aren't being greedy - they are just prioritizing life ahead of a smartphone platform.

With that said, thanks for taking a pay cut and supporting this system :). My 1020 like you for this!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jruasap