[L1020] Updated to windows 8.1 now 20+ apps are looking to update and all have been?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

also despite looking in email settings and telling the phone to update emails as they arrive I have to manually update my emails every time i pick up the phone. Before updating to Windows 8.1 this happened automatically.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
also despite looking in email settings and telling the phone to update emails as they arrive I have to manually update my emails every time i pick up the phone. Before updating to Windows 8.1 this happened automatically.

I've got the L1020 and it's updated to Windows Phone 8.1. I don't seem to be encountering the same issues. It looks like that your phone is preventing background tasks (such as updating apps and downloading new email) from running. Make sure that Battery Saver is not "on", i.e. that it is either "Off" or is set to run only when battery is low. Also make sure that the "Store" is allowed to run in the background in Battery Saver.

Lastly, you can check the sync settings of your email accounts and make sure that they have been set to update content either "As they arrive" or at a certain time interval*.

*- Not all email accounts can update on an "As they arrive" basis.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheStivo