I am facing screen flickering issue in my 2 weeks old Lumia 730. What might be the issue?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I am from India. Purchased a Lumia 730 recently (2 weeks back). The next day I updated the device and from that day the screen flickers. Went to the Nokia Care Centre but they were unable to ascertain the issue. In one blog, wp8 lvr had commented it might be an issue with the OS. Is it so? I am worried.

Pranshul Sood

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 730 still has a very early build of an os that is yet to be distributed to many other models. So chill, wait till. an OS update is released. If still nothing happens, you can get your phone replaced :)

Rem97

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 730 still has a very early build of an os that is yet to be distributed to many other models. So chill, wait till. an OS update is released. If still nothing happens, you can get your phone replaced :)

It doesn't have a very early build, it has a stable build of WP8.1 U1 with Lumia Denim, so it shouldn't be software related. Of course, it could be, and you can try a hard reset. If that doesn't help, you should get a replacement device if you can.

Pranshul Sood

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
It doesn't have a very early build, it has a stable build of WP8.1 U1 with Lumia Denim, so it shouldn't be software related. Of course, it could be, and you can try a hard reset. If that doesn't help, you should get a replacement device if you can.

It is the same build as the current users with PfD have. It's an early build :)

Rajat Singh3

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
It's the 3rd day of my new Lumia 730 & I'm facing screen flickering/blinking problem in my lumia 730 screen and aslo my screen gets blurred for 2 sec when i minimize any app...
My all songs are copying twice thrice times when i listen it on XBOX Music / Mix Radio....App....My lumia 730 hangs & flickers most of the times when i listen songs in Mix Radio... Double Tap to wake is not working at all when my phone is connected to charging. 've searched for the solution of these above problems on google and its very surprising to find that most of the #Lumia_730 owners are going through these issues.... !!
've tried all things Soft reset, Hard reset, Disabled Auto brightness, Disabled Sun Readable mode etc. etc. On 1st day of my purchase it worked great smooth and fast but after updating preinstalled application [ Like - Skype, facebook, flipkart, sports, XBOX Music, Mix Radio, Maps and Gps apps & all Lumia editing and camera apps etc etc ], as a suggestion in Windows Store app this above listed problem started to occur.
Any solution to fix my problems ??

Rakesh Rocky2

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
It's the 3rd day of my new Lumia 730 & I'm facing screen flickering/blinking problem in my lumia 730 screen and aslo my screen gets blurred for 2 sec when i minimize any app...
My all songs are copying twice thrice times when i listen it on XBOX Music / Mix Radio....App....My lumia 730 hangs & flickers most of the times when i listen songs in Mix Radio... Double Tap to wake is not working at all when my phone is connected to charging. 've searched for the solution of these above problems on google and its very surprising to find that most of the #Lumia_730 owners are going through these issues.... !!
've tried all things Soft reset, Hard reset, Disabled Auto brightness, Disabled Sun Readable mode etc. etc. On 1st day of my purchase it worked great smooth and fast but after updating preinstalled application [ Like - Skype, facebook, flipkart, sports, XBOX Music, Mix Radio, Maps and Gps apps & all Lumia editing and camera apps etc etc ], as a suggestion in Windows Store app this above listed problem started to occur.
Any solution to fix my problems ??

Wait for an update.. It's a software issue

Rajat Singh3

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
Hey, Rakesh.... 've send my phone to Nokia Care through dealer & if the problem is not going to solve then i'll ask for refund from the dealer because #Microsoft dont give a **** to their customers problems.... 'm telling this because after the brief search on this flickering screen problem on google...!! I found that #Lumia 920 users ( i.e 1 year older model ) are also facing same blinking/flickering screen issues , + Some other addistional issues....and microsoft had not done anythingh to solve their problems !!
Are you also facing the same issues in your #730 ??

Rakesh Rocky2

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Hey, Rakesh.... 've send my phone to Nokia Care through dealer & if the problem is not going to solve then i'll ask for refund from the dealer because #Microsoft dont give a **** to their customers problems.... 'm telling this because after the brief search on this flickering screen problem on google...!! I found that #Lumia 920 users ( i.e 1 year older model ) are also facing same blinking/flickering screen issues , + Some other addistional issues....and microsoft had not done anythingh to solve their problems !!
Are you also facing the same issues in your #730 ??

Yeah they don't give a damn... It's extremely rare that they replace it.. I got 820 got no problems with it .. Been running Great for 1 and half years... There was no flickering issue in wp8 so I guess its software issue.. Waiting till w10

Rajat Singh3

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
Hello, #Rakesh ...Dealer agreed to replace my #Lumia_730 with the new one :D . But, 1 thing i've observed that when i updated all reccomended apps by windows store in my Lumia 730 as mentioned above in my posts. These problems started to occur before the updates installations my phone was buttery smooth and fast with no issues . So, i think that updates carry bugs in it. But, the point is if 'm unable to update my phone from the fear of bugs in it then why the hell i'll buy #Microsoft_WP phones its better i'll switch to android with brands like Motorola which provide future updates in their smartphones.
It's not acceptable at all... Microsoft has ruined the name of Nokia.
PS: Nokia phones are known for its durability, stability & quality design and materials with no defects in it.

#Imran what do you mean by your statement " flash your phone with nokia software recovery tool " can you plz elaborate ??

Dharanesh Ch

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Yea..!! Even the Lumia 735 which I got recently also had the same issue. I've noticed that after updating the apps, the flickering problem arised..!!!!! it's a software issue... Hope a update will fix it... :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills